Friday, November 12, 2010

Adams Factory

Today was spent at the factory of Adams Musical Instruments (Thorne, Holland). Quite a neat experience! Part of the day was a tour of the factory and warehouses and store areas, and the rest of the time was for practicing. Everyone in the group that went today got at least 3 hours in a room with keyboard instruments. It was actually a very relaxing day for me. I really enjoyed my practice time, and felt less rushed and distracted than previous practice times.



Due to the hour bus ride each way, and some downtime around lunch, there was some bonding time with other competitors, which was nice. We have so much free time that there's nothing much else to do other than talk with folks around you. Or play foosball, as a few of us did last night. It takes pressure off of the performance, which is good, but it also takes focus off the performance, which I have to be careful about. After all, that's why I am here.

I am heading "home" early tonight to rest and get ready to perform tomorrow morning for Round 1. I kick the whole competition off at 10:00AM, which is 4:00AM Eastern. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment