Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Host of Talent!

Today began the scheduled practice times for everyone, and it was nice to get some time on the instruments. Unfortunately, we only got 30 minutes on the multi setup, and that's it until the performance. Of course I'd like much more time on that, but we're kind of all in the same boat, I suppose. 

In all the practicing going on today, it's been impossible not to notice the amazingly high level of ability surrounding me. I knew that already, but to catch a glimpse of folks playing some of the same rep as me or even something I've never heard, I feel incredibly humbled to be here. It's exciting and frightening at the same time. I keep telling myself to stick to my guns and perform the way I know how, based on the preparation I've done. My goal is to lay it all out there, and say, in a sense, "This is me and my understanding of the music." And if the judges like it, great! And if not, well I've done all I can do. In any case, it's really amazing I get to be here with all these fantastic players, and I look forward to showing them what I've got.  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment