Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Eindhoven

I made it to Eindhoven, and minus the dreary rain and rather cold temperatures, it's a great city (what I've seen so far)! Travel was overall pretty smooth, though it's never fun. The competition folks are great, and I've met several of the competitors, as well.

We just had some fine Indonesian fare (Indonesia used to be a Dutch colony, and its food is quite popular here), and after a Herbie Hancock concert tonight, I'll finally get to sleep. With only a 7-hour flight that involves dinner and snacks and announcements and whatever, it was hard to get a real full-night's sleep, so I'll crash hard when it's time (hopefully not before).

Tomorrow involves a short (20-minute) practice time, and the rest is up to me, so I'll have to figure out what to do or explore. Thursday is a little more practice time, and Friday is the tour of the Adams Musical Instruments factory.

I have yet to meet my "foster mom" but hear she lives a bit out of the city, which means I'll be traveling in and out of the town by bus most days, I think. I am rooming with 2 other American gentlemen.

That's all for now, more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment