Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More Details

It's hard to include all the details, but I can pass on a few more regarding the competition. The 6 semi-finalists are as follows (see more about them here):

Mike Truesdell (USA)
Ian Rosenbaum (USA)
Alex Petcu (Ireland)
Alexej Gerassimez (Germany)
Galdric Subirana (France)
Vassilena Serafimova (Bulgaria)

Of course, all are outstanding players, and I can't really imagine how difficult it must have been for the judges to decide who moves on and who doesn't. I look forward to seeing each of them perform in the next round (Wednesday).

Last night, after the announcements were made, everyone received their score/comment sheets from the first 2 rounds, and we also had the opportunity to talk with members of the jury. We are invited to talk with them throughout the rest of the week, as well (except those still in the competition). I spoke with Momoko, Terry, Colin, and Nancy (look them up here if you'd like), and all were very kind and had some nice and helpful things to say. I look forward to talking with them and the others more throughout the remainder of my time here.

Though there is certainly some dissapointment, and some frustration that I only got to play 1/3 of the music I prepared, there's no question I have learned and am continuously learning a great deal in this whole process. I will post some more about what exactly I've gained from the experience once I get home and let it all settle in a bit. For now, I'm no longer a percussion competitor, but simply a tourist on vacation on Holland!

No comments:

Post a Comment