Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 2

After a very pleasant evening at my host's home (though a bit short), I've been back at the music center all day, selecting instruments, relaxing, practicing mentally, and walking around Eindhoven a bit. There is very neat festival taking place this week called Glow. There are fascinating displays of lights projected all over city buildings, and even some light installations built into the city streets. I am unable to post pictures (don't have the camera cord to connect to the computer), but I hope to post some when I get home.

Many more competitors are arriving from all over, and the nerves of competition are beginning to set in a bit. I'm about to go try out a few keyboard instruments in the hall to hear how they sound. In all the rush of travel and getting acclimated and exploring a new city, I've almost forgotten the reason I'm here! But with a few hours of practice time tomorrow, I'm sure I'll settle back in to the routine.

A bit about the host home...it's very nice, first of all. It's an old farm house on the edge of town (about 25 minutes from the city center) that's been rebuilt, and it's quite beautiful! Great bed, and a nice shower, too! I'm staying with two other Americans, hosted by Monique, our foster mom, and her Jack Russell terrier, Mickey. All in all, we are being taken care of very well. I'm still tired, but I'll manage...hopefully a longer sleep this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment